Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where did the summer go?

Wow!  I cannot believe we are 1/2 way through Sept.!  I am so behind on pics and keeping people updated on what is going on in our world.   I am going to do my best to catch up in small doses.  I apologize if I go out of order of our events over the last 5 months or so.

To start out Haylea is in 7th grade this year at Will James Jr. High and Tate is in 4th grade at Arrowhead Elementary.  They are doing very well - so far.  Haylea is running cross country and Tate is playing football...oh yes, he started swimming this week too!  It is mainly to give him something to do during the winter months.  Haylea will start swimming in December after cross country and Jr. High basketball.

Tate has played in 2 football games so far and has scored 3 TD's for the Hill Masonry Blockers.  They are a team of "the only place you can go is up"!  They are working very hard and it is exciting and fun to watch.  I have a couple videos on here of Tate running the ball in one of his games.  I am hoping to get the full game film so I can cut plays that are fun to watch.  Tate has surprised me in football.  He literally takes on the defense HEAD ON!  Not in a good way either...we are hoping he can use his competitiveness to keep his head up when he runs...but anyway say your prayers for those little guys out there as we do not ever want anyone getting hurt!

Ty and I are getting ready for probably our final year in officiating.  We have had a time frame in the back of our minds for the last few years and I believe this is the last year.  With both kids becoming very active, we will be spending our weekends chasing them around.  I feel very blessed to have experienced the life of officiating NCAA Women's Basketball the past 7 years or so. It has enabled us to still be a part of basketball at many different levels and are very lucky we have been able to do what we have.   We are looking to complete our basement this winter and once that is complete, our officiating days will put on hold or terminated. 

That is all for now...I will bring everyone up to date on pics in the next week or so.


Take care all and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive